There is nothing more that I love (apart from my Husband & Gelato) than seeing readers weddings come full circle to the blog. To see how their day turned out after months or years of planning and to hear how amazing they day was. Shannon is one of them.
After getting engaged in Fiji in 2014 Matt & Shannon returned 1 year later to say their ‘I do’s’ at the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa.
“Matt proposed in a private cabana at the Shangri-La in June 2014 (on a romantic holiday) and the love we both shared for Fiji – we decided we wanted to celebrate our marriage with our families here too!” ~Shannon
And so they did, with 80 of them. Captured by Brisbane Photographer Joshua Morton Photography, this is Matt & Shannon’s Day.
The Advice /
- be patient – fiji time. They will get it right, you just have to be patient.
- sink in to each and every moment of the lead up and during the day – your friends and families have travel far to share in the celebration of your love.
- We spent 4 days together in a stunning room before everyone started to arrive. Highly recommend that!
- I took Matt aside at the reception and we gazed + took in everyones pure positive energy as they danced, laughed, cried, smiled, drank and enjoyed themselves and had pure appreciation for their support, generosity and love.
- It was the best week of our lives. Our families are so much closer and we feel like the trip to celebrate our wedding we truly a highlight in everyones lives during 2015.
Location: InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Photographer: Joshua Morton Photography
Planner: Bespoke Occasions
Hair: Lydia from Totoka Hair & Makeup
Makeup: Samantha Pearce Melbourne Based Make Up Artist (travelled with us)
Bride Wore: White Runway Ingrid Dress in Blush Pink. Jewels from Unleashed Jewels Aus.
Fellas Wore: Roger David ‘Tommy’ Navy Suits
Entertainment: Tolu Trio during the meet and greet, ceremony, and canapés on the Kulture Band during the rest of the reception.
Cake & Flowers: InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa